Introduction of Megan, Future Eye Doctor!

Hello everyone!

My name is Megan Huynh and I am from Dallas, Texas. When I was in elementary school, I would constantly be asked by teachers, peers, and family friends what I wanted to be when I grew up. As a clever young child, I would simply say that I wanted to be a doctor. Why? Because it evoked such a positive response from everyone who had asked. Funny enough, that is actually the profession that I plan and hope to do for the rest of my life. It started off as a mandatory project during my senior year of high school, we all had to go out into the "real world" and find a place to intern at for two weeks. I had simply chosen an eye clinic because the owner of the private practice is a close friend to my mom. As the days went by I had realized that I actually loved the work and could see myself doing it for the rest of my life. So luckily for me, I had already known what I wanted to study right when I was going into my freshman year here at the University of Oklahoma.

Now that you all know my overall goal in life, in the meantime I am just trying to get through one semester at a time, like the rest of the student body. Like many other people, there are moments within the semester where I feel completely overwhelmed with the amount of tasks that I need to handle. After a lot of trial and error, I have found that listening to music has been an amazing outlet. I find that it helps me get out of my own head because I can focus on either the lyrics or the melody instead. One of my favorite artists of all time is Daniel Caesar, and while I listen to his music at any time of the day, I find myself gravitating to him more when I feel overwhelmed. Whenever I hear the R&B artists soothing voice, my mind is able to find a bit of clarity even if it is for only three minutes.

R&B Artist: Daniel Caesar
Source: Flickr

Comments

  1. Hi Megan,
    It is very nice to meet you! We have a few things in common. I also want to be a doctor and I love Daniel Caesar. He has the voice of an angel. I'm from Oklahoma, but I like to go to Dallas, Texas. There is a substantial amount of Koreans living there and bunch of Korean restaurants and stores. It's like a second home. Just out of curiosity, what made you choose the University of Oklahoma to come study?
    Your classmate,
    Joanna Yoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan! It is exciting to hear someone who knows what they want to do and they're passionate about it. I have a very close friend who was just accepted to OU's medical school so I am somewhat familiar with the difficult application process and I do not envy you! I think I may be the strangest person in the world but I actually have never heard of Daniel Caesar. I personally almost NEVER listen to music so I am clueless in that area. I will have to go listen to him to help decompress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan!

    I love that you already knew what you wanted to do so early in your college career. I am sure you will make a great doctor! I definitely feel what you mean when you say that you are just trying to get through one semester at a time. Things can pile up and get so stressful sometimes...I hope this class is not a stressful one for you though and that your semester goes great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan,
    I LOVE DANIEL CAESAR! This summer one of my friends introduced me to his music and I spent a month just listening to him basically. He is such an true artist. Also, I love that you want to be an eye doctor. I don't think I have heard of many people wanting to be, usually they wish to be general practitioners, so I love the originality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment