Feedback Thoughts

The first article that I had decided to read, Why It's So Hard to Hear Negative Feedback, which talked about how we tend to steer clear of negative feedback and the people that present it to us. After reading through the article, I now understand that we should view it as an opportunity to better ourselves, which should be a goal for everyone. Once I had finished reading this article, I found myself remembering the times where I would tense up and be anxious when I knew I would be presented with negative feedback. I know now that I should instead simply listen and try to make sure that the mistakes I made previously did not happen again. The particular segment of the article that I liked was when it stated that you could get a C for the performance, but can get an A for improvement. The second article that I read was Why rejection hurts so much, which I found incredibly interesting because it had correlated why we hurt so much when it comes to rejection. Interestingly enough, scientists found that when patients were to recall a time they felt rejected they saw that the same areas of our brain were activated when we felt physical pain. The next thing that I found intriguing was that we assume that all rejection is personal, when in actuality it is not because it is all based on "fit." After reading this article, I feel as though I know a few new ways on how to handle rejection and how to rebuild my self-esteem.


Rejection
Source: Pxhere

Comments