Growth Mindset

Prior to this assignment, I had not heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before. After watching the two videos, I was happily surprised that the phrase "not yet" was the inspiration to the theory. I feel that implementing this theory into young students is crucial because I feel as though it will encourage them to keep trying to solve the problem no matter how hard it gets. I know that when I was growing up, the main focus was getting A's and being involved with extracurriculars. Why? Because thats what we were told that we needed to do, and by growing up with that type of environment, it may have given me a bit of a fixed mindset. Since this mindset focuses on people working to achieve their full potential instead of allowing them to sulk in their failure, I think that it will positively influence future generation and I am curious to see how much of an impact it makes.

Fixed vs. Growth Mindset
Source: Flickr

Comments