My Storybook Favorites

The first storybook that caught my attention was, Through the Page. The reason that I decided to click it was due to both the design and the title. Both seemed to work together to create a sense of mystery, which had intrigued me, and I wanted to find out more. Those aspects were the sole reason as to why I had picked this particular storybook, but they did not necessarily give me an insight as to what the story would be about. After reading the though the introduction, what I found most captivating was that the author deliberately organized the paragraph in a way that related to the protagonist. For example the author described Anaya's, the protagonist's, dislikes first because she likes to get things that seem disagreeable out of the way first. I find that the author really devoted themselves to understanding the main character of the story, which is what made me want to read more.
Image obtained from the Storybook: Through the Page
Source: Free Stock

The second storybook that I had decided to read was, Stories of the Shadow People. Like the previous storybook, what had captured my attention was the combination of both the name and the photograph that was used. In my opinion, the two together work to create a mysterious and eerie tone for the story. After reading through the introduction, I was pleasantly surprised that I had been both right and wrong with my initial judgement. The author was able to uphold the mysterious aspect, but I found that instead of it containing an eerie tone, there was one of passion. A passion to share the stories of the people of the past who had been lurking in the background of famous individuals found within ancient mythology and folklore. 

The final storybook that I had chosen to read was To Love and Lose. For this particular story, the title was the sole thing that had drew me in and made me want to read further. When clicking further, I found that the graphics had become even more intricate because there was a repeated gif of fire crackling within the background of the page. After reading the introduction, my initial thought was that I really enjoyed the style that the author used. The way the passage was phrased made it seem as though you, the reader, was actually having a conversation with the old sage. Thus, involving you into the actual story, which I found incredibly interesting. 

Comments