Topic Brainstorm

Gods and Goddesses: I think that the topic that I would be most interested in would be the Goddesses because I have always had a fascination with them. In the past I have studied the Greek Gods and Goddesses but I think that it would be fascinating to learn about the Indian ones too. Within this category, I find that I am more drawn to learning about the Goddesses over the Gods, simply because they are generally more focused on love, beauty, and the calmer aspects of life. I think that it would be interesting to research a handful of different Goddesses and be able to understand the major impact that they made on Indian Culture.

Divine Iconography: Another topic that I am interested in would have to be all of the divine symbols that are found within Indian culture. The only previous knowledge that I have on this subject was a video that I had watched for a previous assignment in this class. I had learned about the importance of lotuses and many other divine symbols. I would like to learn more about this topic because I feel like it will give me a stronger grasp on the culture as a whole.

Reincarnation: The next topic that I find absolutely intriguing would be the concept of reincarnation. I find myself fascinated with the measures and precautions that people take in order to make sure that they are reincarnated into a better form. I have had a bit of experience with this topic in one of my Non-Western cultures class a few semesters ago. If I were to further research this topic, I would probably look into the entire process one takes in order to ensure a better reincarnated life.

Love Stories: The final topic that I would be interested in studying, and is probably a close tie to studying the Goddesses, would have to be the love stories found within Indian culture. I always find myself captivated by the couples story, and am always wanting the two to overcome any challenge that they are faced with. If I were to explore this category, I would probably research love stories of the Gods or maybe even tales where they can never end up together based off of situational factors.

Ram and Sita

Comments